Jake’s Cakes Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully.
By accepting my quote you are agreeing to the Following Terms & Conditions.
DEPOSIT, CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
• Each cake quote is valid for 5 days from date of issue (unless stated in the quote)
• Upon overall design of your cake being finalised and proceeding with the order a 30% deposit will be required within 30 days.
• If the deposit is not received within this timeframe the booking may be cancelled. Upon receipt of the deposit, your booking is secured and the quoted price remains fixed for the details outlined in the quote.
• The balance of the quote is due in full no later than 1 week before your order is required, unless previously arranged.
• If the event is less than 14 days away, a deposit of 50% of the quote will be due 4 days from the date it is issued.
• Our method of payment is via Cash or Direct Deposit only. Please note Jake’s Cakes doesn’t accept cheques nor has eftpos facilities. Please ensure you have the correct cash amount when paying as we do not keep cash on our premises.
• Failure to make payments by the due date MAY result in your order being cancelled; please contact me asap to discuss any problems/ possible late payment.
• Payments via instalments are welcome. If you wish to organise instalments or other payment terms please contact me. Any changes to the payment terms are subject to mutual agreement. Payment terms agreed upon must be adhered to.
• Any design concerns/questions must be addressed upon collection/receipt of the cake, any cake quality concerns must be addressed within 24 hours and accompanied with the remainder of the cake for testing, absolutely no refunds will be given if the cake has already been eaten.
IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION
• All requests for cancellation must be made in writing.
• If a cancellation is received and it is more than 5 weeks prior to the agreed completion date your deposit will be refunded less a $25 administrative fee.
• If a cancellation is received and it is less than 5 weeks prior to the agreed completion date your deposit will be forfeited. This is because all bookings are date specific and your deposit will be used against other orders which were declined in order for your booking.
• a cancellation is made less than 4 weeks prior to the agreed completion date and full payment has been received, you will forfeit your deposit. The remaining balance will be refunded into your bank account via direct deposit.
DESIGN AND FLAVOUR CHANGES
• Minor changes to the design will be accepted after a deposit is received up to 4 weeks prior to your event.
• Should the design change, Jake’s Cakes will endeavour to accommodate your changes, however, we reserve the right to amend the quote accordingly (where applicable) to reflect the changes required. An administration fee may also be charged.
• Any changes to the original order are subject to viability and quote review.
• Date Changes must be submitted in writing and the new date is subject to availability.
• Any errors, corrections or updates to your order must be submitted in writing. Your amended order will then be reissued for your records.
• Whist all care is taken to complete your order as specified- Factors including but not limited to, weather and supply unavailability MAY result in design changes. Design changes are at Jake’s Cakes’ discretion. All cake designs are subject to artistic license, and should I need to make such changes no further correspondence will be entered into.
• In the event that an agreement not be reached on changes to the revised quote, the normal cancellation procedure is applicable.
Please understand that we aim to provide you with a high level of service and want to ensure you have the best possible experience with us. However, excessive emailing, phone calls, extra requests for quotes or design changes may result in an administration fee being charged.
SUPPLYING YOUR OWN DECORATIONS FLOWERS
• If you choose to supply your own ribbons, or decorations, they must be suitable for your cake- e.g. enough ribbon, correct thickness, fabric suitability for the design etc…
• Any figurines supplied for your cake, must be able to be easily attached to your cake- preferably being able to stand alone, or with the aid of inbuilt supports.
• All items supplied for your cake, must be clearly marked with your name & date.
• Any items which do not meet hygiene and food safety requirements will be unable to be used.
You are welcome to supply your own fresh flowers on the condition that:
• They are individually wired and taped; pre clustered or set in a previously agreed fashion.
Should your flowers not be supplied subject to the conditions, we reserve the right NOT to place them onto your cake. This is a food safety issue.
• Flowers must be delivered to the reception venue or to me – at a mutually suitable time.
• You are responsible for ordering the correct amount/size of flowers through your florist. Damaged, bruised or poor quality blooms supplied by you are your responsibility.
Please don’t hesitate to call me or to pass on my details to your florist if you have any questions.
Jake’s Cakes are all freshly baked and custom made to order.. Should you require a flavour that is not listed including gluten, dairy, nutfree or vegan please ask us.
Jake’s Cakes will not be held responsible for any allergies.
• Unless it is specified otherwise on your order, my products may contain or come into contact with dairy, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. It is the clients responsibility to inform their guests that of any risks.
SET UP & DELIVERY
Set up and delivery is available for some cakes.
Available delivery is upon my discretion; charges for delivery may apply & will be subject to location of venue.
• Easy access to the venue needs to be available eg; Close parking, lift access to higher levels
• The Cake table needs to be level, stable, clothed and ready for cake placement
• The room should be a suitable temperature for your cake- Air conditioning is best
• You are welcome to collect your cake, Monday- Saturday by arrangement.
• If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the handling of the cake once it leaves my possession.
Where cakes are covered in fondant (or have sugar paste figurines), these should not be refrigerated as this may cause the icing to run due to condensation.
Storage of these items should be in a cool dry dark place out of direct sunlight & away from heat.
Jake’s Cakes cannot be held responsible for any damage to the cake or products once they are delivered and in the care of a client or the venue. Where a client elects to self-transport we are not responsible for any damage that may be caused during transportation.
Stand Hire is available on our range of Crystal, silver and Tiered Stands.
A hire fee & refundable bond is charged
The stand must be bought back in its original condition to receive the bond back.
The stands need to be back by Thursday the week after the function at the very latest, as they may need to be used on that weekend. Any breakages must be reported immediately.
Jake's Cakes reserve the right to use any photos we take of your creation for any media related activities such as our website, Facebook or advertising.
By placing an order, you agree to the terms and conditions set out above.
CHANGES TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Jake’s Cakes may change their terms and conditions at any time which become effective once published on our website. It is the client's responsibility to read our terms and conditions before ordering and review our terms and conditions periodically to be aware of any changes.